Skip to main content

New electricity connections

Here’s how you can get your electricity supply connected.

Important Notice for New Connections: Unmetered Supplies Regulatory Update

As of 1 April 2024 Ofgem has mandated that any new Unmetered Supplies (UMS) connection MPANs will have to be Half Hourly settled.

Please note that if you require further information on a new connection you should contact the Unmetered Supplies Operator to ensure that your UMS Certificates for new UMS Inventories are Half Hourly settled.

For more information, please visit the UMSO website

Important Notice for New Installations: Current Type Advanced Meters (CT AMR) Regulatory Update

As of 15 April 2024 Ofgem requires that any new Current Type Advanced Meters (CT AMR) installations to be Half Hourly settled.

Please note that if you require further information on a new installation contact your local Distribution Network Operator (DNO) or our New Connections team on for further guidance.

To help you locate your local DNO click here

For more information on P432, here is the final approval report from Ofgem click here

Need a new electricity connection for your business?

If you’re unsure how to get a new electricity supply, let us explain … we’ll make it quick, simple and hassle-free.

Whether you’re looking for a permanent or temporary electricity connection, you need to know who to talk to, what to do – and, importantly, in what order.

Ready to get connected?

If you want to set up a new connection to your property, we're happy to help. Please read this important information before completing the new connection form.

Once you've done that, and you have your Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) and details of the size and type of supply you need, then you’re ready to fill out the new connection request form. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to speak to us in person about your new connection, please call 0845 366 3664 (option 2)(1).

Help and support for different types of installation

If you need help completing a new connection application please contact the New Supply team on 0845 366 3664 (option 2)(1)

If your meter is to supply a residential property then please contact our Developer Services team on: 0333 200 5117(1) or email

Read our guide to establishing a new electricity supply.

Need to disconnect electricity to your site?

A disconnection is typically required when you need to remove redundant cables from your site or the building is going to be demolished.

If you need us to disconnect the electricity supply to your site please complete the disconnection form.