Access carbon credits to help meet your business' de-carbonisation strategy.
We can help you access a large portfolio of carbon credits to meet your business carbon neutrality aspirations
More and more companies are taking action to mitigate their environmental impact on the road to net zero, through a variety of direct and indirect methods.
As part of a well designed net zero strategy, good quality offsets provide an excellent option to help worthwhile causes whilst progressing on your journey to net zero.
Examples of where good quality offsets offer a useful carbon management tool include:
- Offsetting your business’ carbon footprint whilst you implement medium to long term, physical carbon reduction solutions
- When you have implemented all means to reduce or remove emissions from your activities, you may still need to offset your residual carbon footprint.
We can offer carbon credits:
- from a diverse portfolio of global projects that support various UN Sustainable Development Goals,
- that are aligned to your brand values, strategic priorities and sustainability strategy,
- generated from credible and additional initiatives focused on meaningful targets.
For more information or to submit an enquiry, please contact your EDF Account Manager.
CASE STUDY: COP26
With the objective to deliver COP26 as a sustainable summit, they took significant measures to reduce waste and improve efficiency. One of the final steps in that plan was to offset any carbon emissions that couldn't be avoided. Check out our case study to see how good quality Carbon Offsets were integrated into that plan and how they can help you achieve your Net Zero targets.
Offsetting with confidence
Our portfolio includes projects that are registered under the 3 main internationally recognised standards in the voluntary carbon markets:
These standards assure that emission reductions are actually taking place. They also highlight individual project benefits whilst ensuring that the project is real, verified, permanent, and additional.
Typical project types include:
- Efficient cook stoves
- Water purification
- Efficient lighting
- Geothermal energy
- Wind power
- Solar power
Nature Based Solutions
- Avoided deforestation
- Avoided forest degradation
Waste Recovery & Efficiency
- Methane capture and conversion to electricity
- Anaerobic digestionof wastewater, coupled with electricity generation
- Cogeneration with biomass and biofuels
- Waste heat recovery
As well as having a positive impact on carbon emissions, each carbon credit also supports a variety of other environmental and socioeconomic benefits in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
For example, investing in a forest conservation project in Africa not only results in carbon credits from the prevention of deforestation, but also contributes to additional socioeconomic and environmental benefits, such as: job creation, investment in schooling for the employees' family, habitat and species preservation.
Integrated solutions on your road to Net Zero
There are a number of different solutions you can use to reduce the carbon footprint of your business.
And each of these work together to play their part in helping you achieve Net Zero.