How we sort things out

  •  Understand what's gone wrong – and why
  •  Explain the situation to you
  •  Let you know what happens next – and how long it should take
  •  Find out how you'd like us to put things right
  •  Fix the problem – taking your views into account, and keeping you up to date every step of the way!

Day 1: Make your complaint

Please contact our Customer Services Team, the easiest way is via our Live Chat or you can also call us on 0333 200 5103, Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm .

When you contact us please include your EDF account number and tell us:

  • What the problem is
  • How it affects you
  • What you’d like us to do about it

One of our experienced advisors will investigate and get an answer to you as soon as they can.

Day 10: Take your complaint further

If we haven’t fixed things for you within 10 days, please get in touch with our dedicated Complaints Team. Their specialist skills can resolve even the trickiest of problems. Email or call 0333 009 7031, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.

Day 20: Take your complaint to the top

Our CEO Simone Rossi cares about your complaint – so send him an email if your complaint is more than 20 days old to He and his senior team will do everything they can to put things right.

Day 40: You get a specialist complaints handler

It's very rare that we can't find a solution within 40 days. But if your complaint reaches this stage, we'll send you an official letter that gives you the phone number of your own specialist complaint handler, who's there to help you with your complaint

We're confident we're the right people to help you with your complaint. We know that sometimes you may want to seek help from a third party. This could be due to the fact that you've received a deadlock letter from us. 


Ombudsman Services: Energy

We always try to reach an outcome that you're happy with, but sometimes that's not possible. In these cases, you'll be sent a 'deadlock' letter. If you've received a deadlock letter it has been over 8 weeks since your complaint was logged with our team.

You can then contact the Ombudsman Services for Energy, which is a free and totally independent service. Decisions made by the Ombudsman are based on the facts available and may take up to 12 weeks. This is because they will need to look at your case from the beginning to decide on a final outcome.

If the Ombudsman finds that EDF has not acted correctly, then they will tell us what we need to do in order to put things right. This could be an explanation and/or apology. It could include what actions we need to take, which could include compensation. The decision made is binding on us but not on you.

Citizens Advice

Contact Citizens Advice if you need help with an energy problem - for example with your bills or meters, or if you're struggling to pay for the energy you use. They're the official source of free and independent energy advice and support. Go to or call them on 0808 223 1133. Calls are free.