- The Priority Services Register is free to join
- It provides additional support for those in need
- Priority Services offer much more than financial help
Register your interest below for Priority Services, including literature in accessible formats, our 'Safe at Home' password scheme, independent money advice and income maximisation.
A helping hand when you need it most
If you're worried about bills or managing your money, need help with things like reading your meter or want to make sure you're not missing out on any extra income, we're here to lend a hand. Learn more about the PSR promise and view FAQs.
Our Priority Services Tool can tell you how we can help and the services we have for you.
We're working with Citizens Advice Plymouth to give our customers across the country independent advice to help them manage their money, including help prioritising all sorts of bills and supporting customers to identify all options for improving their situation.
We want to make sure you’re getting everything you’re eligible for and that your income is maximised to its full potential. So to check there aren’t any state benefits or tax credits you’re missing out on we've teamed up with IncomeMax.
We have lots of quick and easy ways to save energy at home. They won’t cost you anything, and you could make some real savings on your bills, for example, have showers rather than baths – they can be cheaper and can help you save water too.
We have lots of different tariffs available and there might be a cheaper option for you. If you're not already paying by Direct Debit and you have a standard credit meter it could be a cheaper option for you because spreading your payments over the year can help you budget.
Priority Services Register
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free service for domestic customers requiring extra help. There are lots of benefits to joining the register, for example:
- Alternative billing formats such as large print or braille - for those with visual impairments
- Free gas safety check - ensuring your gas appliances are working safely
- Password scheme - just tell us what password you'd like and we'll ensure anyone visiting your property confirms it with you
- Bill nominee schemes - arranging for communications to be sent to a friend or family member
- Regular meter readings - if you or anyone else is unable to read your meter, we can do this for you to ensure you receive accurate bills
Find out more about our Priority Services Register in our Priority Services booklet.
We need to know if you have essential medical equipment that relies on an uninterrupted power supply. We’ll ensure that, for customers on the Priority Services Register, the distribution network operator is also aware of your needs so they can support you in case of a power cut. Eligible customers will be entitled to a free gas safety check. There’s also lots of advice to stay safe online and keeping warm in the winter months
If you feel you need any other help, just let us know and we’ll see how else we can support you. You may have had a recent change of circumstances such as recovering after time in hospital, recently bereaved, living with a child under five or you’re a young adult living alone for the first time.
The 2018/19 Warm Home Discount rebate scheme is now open. Check you're eligible and apply now.