Key areas covered
- Broken, blocked or leaking internal drains, underground drains or sewers becoming totally blocked or being damaged
- The water pipes within your property bursting or suddenly leaking
- Taps not working, leaking stopcocks or stopcocks that cannot be turned on or off
- The only toilet not working because of accidental damage or mechanical failure
- Permanently installed electrical wiring
- Wall sockets and switches, fuse boxes , bulb sockets, light fixtures, circuit breakers and transformers
Cover available to landlords with single occupancy domestic properties only
Key areas not covered
- Cost of replacing taps, seals or grouting, water tanks, radiators, water softeners or waste disposal units
- Cost of repairing or replacing water supply pipes
- Blocked, broken or leaking soil or waste pipes
- Tree root damage to pipes and sewers
- Electrical shower units, domestic appliances, fixed or portable heating systems
- Telephone wiring, smoke detectors, doorbells or burglar alarm systems
- Energy generating systems, this includes wind turbines, solar panels, air conditioning units and their parts
- Any claims made in the first 30 days of your policy
For full details of what is and isn't covered click here
Your policy will start and you'll be able to make a claim after the 30 day exclusion period
Enjoy peace of mind knowing you're covered
If you're already covered by one of these policies and need to make a claim, please call Intana's 24 hour claims line on 01444 442 977.
Or if you've got any questions about your policy or would like to renew, call 01444 442 979(1)
We have a range of policies for your home – all brought to you by our trusted supplier Intana.
Full T&C's apply
EDF Energy Protect is a range of insurance products provided by Intana across the mainland of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, plus the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
EDF Energy Protect is sold and administered by Collinson Insurance Services Ltd trading as Intana. The policies are underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch.
EDF Energy Customers Plc is an Appointed Representative of Collinson Insurance Services Limited (t/a Intana) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number 311883.
This information can be checked on the Financial Services Register.