Young HPC is an exclusive skills programme for 16-21 year olds. It’s free to join and it’s essential if you’re interested in a career at Hinkley Point C (HPC).
- Register with us to be the first to hear about any jobs you’re interested in – and you could be fast tracked for key roles too
- Not sure what you want to do yet – or what you’re good at? No problem – we’ll help you identify your skills and put together your CV with our digital toolbox
- We run events and site tours that give you exclusive access to employers at HPC – and insight into what they’re looking for in people like you, find out about the world of HPC
- Whether you’re still at school or college, in or out of the workplace, there’s no better way to fast-track your journey to HPC. Want to know more? Check our frequently asked questions
Get the skills and confidence you need for a huge range of careers at Hinkley Point C with Young HPC
Become a member
Are you aged between 16 and 21? Interested in all types of job opportunities for young people at Hinkley Point C?
Join the Young HPC programme in three easy steps:
- Register with the HPC Jobs Service and click ‘create account’
- Click on ‘Profile information’ and in the box marked ‘Are you aged between 16-21 and interested in Young Hinkley Point C or Young Sizewell C Programmes?’ select ‘Yes – Young HPC’
- Fill in the other required fields in this section, then click ‘save’ at the bottom… that’s it!
Your digital toolbox
Build your confidence and improve your chances of getting a job with our digital toolbox.
We’re looking for talented, passionate and enthusiastic minds who are committed to helping us deliver this project. Our digital toolbox will get you in the best shape possible. So you know more about yourself – and what you enjoy doing. And you’re ready to jump on any new opportunities that come your way.
Skills and behaviours
What are the 10 skills and behaviours that HPC employers are looking for? And how do you develop or demonstrate these?
Find out how to develop your skillset and become the best version of yourself.
Build your own toolbox
Create your own ‘toolbox’ to showcase your skills to employers. Discover CV templates and interview techniques. And tips and advice on apprenticeships and assessment centres.
The world of HPC
Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be the first new nuclear power station in a generation. Situated on the North Somerset Coast it will power around 6 million homes with safe, secure and low carbon electricity.
HPC is one the largest and most complex projects in Europe and will take 10 years to complete. At the peak of construction 5,600 people will be working at the site and over the course of the project some 25,000 employment opportunities will be created.
A project of this size involves a huge range of companies and people. In this section you can discover more about the project, who the project partners are and what they do.
Parents and guardians
Hinkley Point C is one of the most exciting construction projects in Europe right now and it has so much to offer young people. Whether you want to help your teen decide on their future career path, or learn about their future workplace, here’s everything you need to know about how we’ll look after your child at HPC – and give them the best start possible to their career.
College tutors and careers leaders
Download our interactive presentation as a tool to use with students when considering their career options. Whether they know what they want to do – or haven’t yet found their path – this presentation will help to guide their decision making and show them the huge range of possibilities at Hinkley Point C.
Frequently asked questions
What is HPC?
HPC stands for Hinkley Point C. It will be the UK’s newest nuclear power station and is being built outside Bridgwater, Somerset by EDF. It’s one of the largest construction sites in Europe and once operational will provide low carbon electricity to around 6 million homes across the country
How many jobs are there going to be?
Hinkley Point C will take 10 years to construct and will create over 25,000 new employment opportunities. At its peak, 5,600 will be employed on site
What are the different job roles at HPC?
There will be over 400 different job types at Hinkley Point C, varying from desk-based jobs such as logistics and administrators, to site based roles such as engineers and plant operators. For a full list click here.
If you haven't found the answer to your question, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also be interested in...
The best way to contact us is by completing our online enquiry form. You can also call us on 0333 009 7070 (24 hour free phone number).
If you have a question about your energy bill or account, have a look at our Help Centre or contact our customer services team on 0333 200 5100(1).
For media enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.