Warm Home Discount Scheme terms and conditions
Warm Home Discount - terms and conditions
1. As part of The Warm Home Discount - Scotland Broader Scheme (the ”Scheme”) we will provide a £150 (including VAT) rebate on the energy bill of eligible households in Scotland (“Rebate”). Rebates will be made by way of a credit to the energy account, top-up voucher for prepayment meters, applied directly to a Smart Pay As You Go meter, or by cheque. Where the Rebate is applied as a credit to your account, we apply this to your electricity account by default for dual-fuel customers (but you can request that this be transferred to your gas account if you wish). The method used to provide the Rebate will be determined at our discretion.
2. The Scheme is open to households if:
i) your eligible household is in Scotland and takes its current domestic electricity supply from us and continues to do so until the Rebate has been paid.
ii) you or any other named individual, are the EDF electricity account holders living at the property and meet the Qualification Criteria (as set out in Condition 3 below)
3. If you're an individual in an eligible household, you may make an application to receive a Rebate under the Scheme if you, or any other named individual, are the EDF electricity account holder and currently receive at least one of the seven benefits combinations, listed on our website at www.edfenergy.com/rebate.
4. Only one application for a Rebate may be made per eligible household.
5. We reserve the right to close the application process the earlier of:
i) the provision of a Rebate to the first 22,340 eligible households whose applications we receive during the period 13 September 2023 to 31 March 2024 (the “Scheme year”); and
ii) 28 February 2024, or any such earlier time as we may deem to be appropriate.
6. We reserve the right to modify any of these terms and conditions at any time during the course of the Scheme year.
7. You agree to provide us with documentary evidence from the Department for Work and Pensions ("DWP") to show that you fit the eligibility criteria. Any such documentary evidence must be dated no earlier than 01 April 2023.
8. You acknowledge and agree that in order for us to check your eligibility for the Scheme that:
i) we, and/or an organisation working on our behalf, may ask DWP or another organisation for the information required to check or confirm your eligibility; and/or
ii DWP, or other organisations, may share this information with us and/or an organisation working on our behalf.
9. For us to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria or are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefit combinations listed on our website, you acknowledge and agree to:
i) Grant us and an organisation working on our behalf permission to send your documentary evidence or information to DWP or other organisations, and
ii) Grant DWP, or other organisations, permission to disclose your information to us and an organisation working on our behalf. You also agree that an organisation working on our behalf may contact you to provide your documentary evidence and information for verification purposes, and you agree to us sharing your information with any such organisation and to us and such organisation processing your data for the purposes of the Scheme, including, without limitation, verification.
10. You acknowledge that we may use the information you provided to us to process your application and provide you with the Rebate and other relevant assistance you may be eligible for.
11. You acknowledge and agree that we may store your information until 31 December 2026 or as otherwise required by law or any regulatory requirement.
12. In these terms and conditions, “we/us/our/EDF/EDF Energy” means EDF Energy Customers LTD (company registered no.2228297) and "you/your” means the person making an application for this Scheme.
13. You agree to these terms and conditions by submitting an application.