Judging Panel for EDF Energy East of England Media Awards announced
The awards are this year celebrating their 10th anniversary, and recognise the best in regional journalism across 20 categories ranging from news print, radio and TV journalist to community campaign and website.
The awards, sponsored by EDF Energy, are held in association with holdthefrontpage.co.uk.
The judging panel includes experienced editors and broadcasters from London and the South East of England:
• Mark Waldron, editor of the News, Portsmouth,
• Ian Murray, editor of the Southern Daily Echo,
• Chris Britcher, editor of the Kent on Sunday,
• Keith Redbourn, editor of the Hampshire Chronicle,
• Christine Alsford, of ITV News Meridian,
• Andy Steggall, of Pergal Media and BBC South,
• Matt Graveling, BBC Surrey journalist
• Paul Linford, editor of Hold the Front Page.
The judging takes place tomorrow at the Southern Daily Echo’s offices in Southampton, and the shortlist will be announced soon after.
Ian Murray, editor of the Southern Daily Echo, said: “The work of regional media deserves to be celebrated. What often starts as a great local news story can lead to ramifications nationally. Regional journalists do a vital job celebrating local success, holding authority to account and providing the latest news to their communities.”
Shortlists for the 20 categories will be announced on Twitter @EDFEnergyComms and @journalism_news. The ceremony will be held in February.