Budget Direct Debit
Budget Direct Debit is an easy way to pay for your energy, and a good way to budget. Once you set up your Direct Debit, a regular payment amount automatically comes out of your bank account every month. This way, you spread the higher cost of winter across the whole year. It's good value too, as you get the lowest unit rate of all payment methods.
Reasons to pay your bill by Budget Direct Debit are:
- Paying directly from your bank account each month helps you spread the costs of your energy use across the year
- The amount charged is based on the meter readings that we request twice per year or that are initially provided when you join EDF Energy
- This amount may go up or down after a meter reading but it will reflect how much energy you've used
- You'll get a bill at the end of each year to summarise your energy use
Why pay the whole amount by monthly Direct Debit?
Paying the whole amount each month by Direct Debit helps to ensure you're paying for what you use each month. It also helps you see how much energy you're using. Each month we'll ask you to pay a Regular Payment Amount. This estimates how much energy you'll use over the year, which is then divided into 12 equal payments.
If you provide us with a meter reading after receiving a request for your Regular Payment Amount, we'll send you a new bill based on the energy you've actually used. If you choose not to give us a meter reading, the Regular Payment Amount will be debited from your account automatically.
Paying by Budget Direct Debit or whole amount Direct Debit is good value too because you pay a lower unit rate for your energy compared to other payment methods.
This means you pay a set amount each month by Direct Debit. You will receive two types of bills from us if you're on this payment method:
Annual and Interim.
- Annual - we send this at the end of your annual billing period.
- Interim - we send this halfway through the billing year to ensure your Direct Debit is on track with your energy use.
If you're already an EDF Energy customer paying by Direct Debit you can change your monthly payments in MyAccount. Alternatively, you can sign up to monthly Direct Debit now.Sign up to Monthly Direct DebitChange your monthly payments