This is a mode we can switch your meter to without having to visit your property. Instead of receiving and paying bills, you'll pay for your energy in advance by topping up your meter. In this mode, you will:
- Enjoy a lower unit price
- Agree to spread the repayment of your outstanding balance over manageable weekly instalments (rather than in one lump sum)
- Be in control of how much you top up
Certain tariffs aren't eligible for Smart Pay as You Go. If this applies to you, we'll requote you. Other restrictions apply.
Is Smart Pay as You Go for me?
Some people love the flexibility of topping up what they want on their meter. Others worry about temporary loss of supply if they forget to top up. There's no need to worry; we've got you covered with:
- Low balance alerts - we'll send you an SMS or email reminding you to top up when your credit dips below £5
- Auto top-ups - set these up so you never have to worry about losing power when you run out of credit
Top up anywhere, anytime
- Online - The quickest and easiest way to top up is online at edfenergy.com/myaccount.
- Automated phone service - You can top up using our automated phone line (0333 200 5108).
- Paypoint - Simply take your top up card along to your nearest Paypoint.
Register your interest using the below form and one of our advisors will contact you to discuss this further.
Give it a try. If you decide it's not for you, you can always go back to your current mode.