Successful start-ups join this year’s challenge
- Five start-ups have a chance to accelerate their future as finalists in EDF Energy Energy’s Pulse Innovation Challenge.
- Emu Analytics, Verdigris, EV.Energy, Enerbrain and Wondrwall, were selected from more than 150 applicants in this year’s challenge, run by the company’s innovation accelerator Blue Lab.
- The challenge gives young companies, with the best ideas, a gateway into the energy industry. For 12 weeks they will gain expert support and advice to help develop their concepts for the mass market.
- During the programme they will have access to EDF Energy’s scale and network to help develop business opportunities, alongside mentoring from senior leaders within the organisation, access to subject matter experts and the potential to gain investment. There is also a £10k cash prize for one overall winner after the event’s final demo day in October 2019.
- The start-ups will be spending time at EDF Energy’s Blue Lab, in Hove, and at IDEALondon, an innovation centre in the heart of London’s Tech City.
The Pulse Innovation Challenge Finalists
Pitch Day Highlights
Here's a taste of our EDF Energy Pulse Innovation Challenge Pitch Day
Past winners believe working with EDF Energy has accelerated their innovation.
Louise Rogerson, Chief Operating Officer at Howz
“Working with EDF Energy has been a great opportunity for us. Our partnership has provided access to a broad customer base, along with their ongoing support and expertise.”
Joe Warren, Managing Director of Powervault
“Winning the Blue Lab competition has been amazing. The Blue Lab team has worked with us to launch Powervault to EDF Energy customers, creating a market-leading proposition. We are very grateful for the huge opportunity Blue Lab has given us and we look forward to continuing to grow with EDF Energy in the years ahead.”
Benefits on offer
Jean-Benoit Ritz, Director of Innovation and Blue Lab
We want to work with fantastic start-ups and can help you develop and grow your ideas with our knowledge and expertise in the energy sector and innovation.
This challenge can give you a unique gateway into the world of energy and help us, jointly, deliver a powerful future for the benefit of energy users.