Meters and meter readings
I'd like to know about...
I have a smart meter...
I'd like to know...
I'd like to read my...
The buttons on my electricity meter are...
The buttons on my meter are...
My meter is running as an Economy 7 meter (I pay two electricity rates)...
How to read an Economy 7 electricity smart meter with a green 'A' and black 'B' button
Normally, a smart meter sends us your readings automatically. So please only give us a reading if we've asked you to do this.
If we've asked you for a reading, please take it from the meter itself – not your in-home display. Your meter is usually on a wall or board; your in-home display either plugs into a socket or runs on batteries.
It looks like you have a Landis and Gyr (L&G) smart meter. Follow these steps to read the two rates on your electricity meter:
- Press and hold the green 'A' button until you see ‘Rate 01 Act Imp’
- Write down the numbers you see in front of ‘KWH’ – this is your Rate 1 reading
- Press and hold the grey B button for five seconds (nothing will look like it's changed until you move to step 4)
- Press and hold the green 'A' button until you see ‘Rate 02 Act Imp’
- Write down the numbers you see in front of ‘KWH’ – this is your Rate 2 reading
Read the numbers from left to right; ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
Need to read your smart gas meter too? Find out how to read your gas smart meter
Did you find this page helpful?Helpful thanks!I still need help
Leave feedbackLog into MyAccountHelp Centre home
We're glad we could help.
Need more help?
Contact UsGive feedbackHelp Centre home
Get in touch