How does Budget Direct Debit work?
- Paying directly from your bank account each month helps you spread the costs of your energy use across the year
- The amount charged is based on the meter readings that we request twice per year or that are initially provided when you join EDF Energy
- This amount may go up or down after a meter reading but it will reflect how much energy you've used
- You'll get a bill at the end of each year to summarise your energy use
Why pay by Budget Direct Debit?
Budget Direct Debit is an easy way to pay for your energy - you set up a Regular Payment Amount to come straight out of your bank account every month.
It's a good way to budget - you pay the same amount every month, spreading the higher cost of winter fuel across the whole year.
Budget Direct Debit is good value too, because you pay a lower unit rate for your energy compared to other payment methods.
How do you work out my Direct Debit payments?
We estimate how much energy we think you'll use over a year, based on past meter readings, or the type of property and number of people at home. We then divide your estimated annual cost by 12 to work out how much you pay by Direct Debit each month.
Will my Direct Debit payments change?
Your monthly Direct Debit payments are the same each month. However, we may increase or decrease the amount you pay to match your actual energy use over your billing period, based on the meter readings you submit. We'll always let you know first, though.
We'll also do an annual review of your Direct Debit payments at the end of your 12-month billing period.
Do I need to submit a meter reading when I pay by Direct Debit?
Yes, you should submit two meter readings per year, but only when we request one as unexpected meter readings could change your payment amount. Unless we've scheduled someone to come out to do it for you, we send you a reminder to submit your meter reading:
- mid-way through your 12-month billing period to ensure your Direct Debit is in line with your energy use
- shortly before we complete your annual review (if you don't submit your meter reading on time, you get an estimated bill)
We may increase or decrease your Direct Debit payment after we get your readings, to reflect the energy you're actually using
How often will I get an energy bill when I pay by Direct Debit?
You get an annual bill at the end of your 12-month billing period. You will also get a bill half-way through the period, if you submit your meter reading on time (we remind you when it's due).
Not sure what payment method you've chosen?
Find out in MyAccount