Type another question

How can I get free independent energy advice?

Energy Efficiency Advice Centres

Energy Efficiency Advice Centres provide free, impartial and independent advice to householders and small businesses about how to save energy and cut fuel bills. They can also put you in touch with grant agencies, registered contractors and other useful information providers. For details of your nearest centre call free on 0800 512 013

Local authorities

Your local authority may have an Energy conservation officer who can advice you about energy efficiency. Advice may also be available from the authority’s customer services department. Use the telephone directory or an internet search engine to find your local authority’s contact details.

The Energy Saving Trust

The Energy Saving Trust promotes the efficient use of all forms of energy in the UK in order to reduce consumption and improve the environment. For further information on the Trust’s Energy Efficiency initiative visit the website or call 0300 123 1234, calls are charged at national rate. (Opening times Monday-Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday 10am - 2pm).

National Energy Action

National Energy Action is an energy charity that helps low income households. It provides educational and training material about energy efficiency. For more information visit their website or call them on 0191 261 5677


Foundations is the organisation responsible for coordinating the work of all home improvement agencies in the UK, including Care & Repair agencies. For more information call 01457 891909.