EDF Energy is developing proposals for a new gas-fired peaking plant power station of up to 299 megawatts (MW) at the existing West Burton Power Station Site, to be known as West Burton C.
EDF Energy invests in a wide range of energy technologies to meet the United Kingdom’s future demand for electricity. With the growth of renewable generation, the ability to meet short periods of peak demand and/or shortfalls in electricity production and provide technical services to the National Grid with flexible generation is increasingly important. EDF Energy will be seeking consent to construct a 299MW gas-fired power station to meet these needs. Once operational it would provide generation at the times when requirements arise, therefore it would not run continuously.
The formal consultation closed on Monday 16 October 2017. Thank you to all those who commented at this stage. We are now analysing the feedback, which will inform our proposals and assessments that will form part of our application for development consent.
Stakeholders will be notified once the application for development consent has been submitted and this website will be kept up to date in terms of further milestones.
- WBC Informal Exhibition Boards July 2017 (pdf)
- WBC Informal Newsletter July 2017 (pdf)
- WBC Press Release September 2017 (pdf)
- WBC Statement of Community Consultation September 2017 (pdf)
- WBC EIA Scoping Report (pdf)
- WBC EIA Scoping Opinion (pdf)
- WBC Formal Newsletter September 2017 (pdf)
- WBC Formal Exhibition Boards September 2017 (pdf)
- WBC Preliminary Environmental Information Report (Vol I)
- WBC Preliminary Environmental Information Report (Vol II)
- WBC Preliminary Environmental Information Report (Vol III)
- WBC Preliminary Environmental Information Report (Non-Technical Summary)
- WBC Public Notice September 2017 (pdf)
Please contact us with any questions or comments using the contact details below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Requests: 01524 863 565 (Martyn Butlin)
- 24-hour Press Office Pager: 01452 652 233