A new nuclear
6 million homes powered
Sizewell C will generate enough low-carbon electricity to supply six million homes.
Vital to Net Zero strategy
By replacing fossil-fuel power, it will avoid around nine million tonnes of carbon emissions each year.*
*compared to a gas-fired power station
£4 billion regional boost
It will create thousands of local jobs and contribute around £4 billion to the regional economy.
70,000 UK jobs supported
The project will support 70,000 jobs across the UK and rely on over 3,000 UK-based suppliers.
Following nearly a decade of consultations and public engagement, our proposals are now being considered by the Planning Inspectorate. The application for a Development Consent Order was submitted in May 2020 and a decision is expected in 2022. Find out about our proposal and plans for Sizewell C and the DCO process.
Sizewell C will bring thousands of jobs to East Suffolk. It will boost skills in the region and provide new opportunities for local businesses. We are already working hard to make sure Sizewell C delivers lasting benefits to local communities just as its sister stations Sizewell A and Sizewell B have done for almost 50 years.
Contact Sizewell C
- Call: FREEPHONE 0800 197 6102 (Weekdays: 9am - 5pm)
- Write: FREEPOST SZC CONSULTATION (No stamp or further address required)
- Visit: Sizewell C Information Office, 48-50 High Street, Leiston IP16 4EW (open for visits without appointment 9.30am – 5pm weekdays only, closed lunchtimes 12:30pm – 1.30pm)
- For general queries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media queries, email: email@example.com