Final invoices – clearing debt and returning credit
We understand that your account can change, either because some or all of your sites move location or change to a new supplier. Your final invoice will tell you the balance on your account. This may be a debit or a credit, depending on the final reading taken to close your account.
If you have debt on your account(s)
Please ensure that until the final invoice has been settled:
- your payment system is still able to pay us as a supplier
- any Direct Debit Instructions in place aren’t cancelled
We may object to the transfer of your supply if there is any money owing on your account.
If you have credit on your account(s)
If you have more than one site invoiced by EDF Energy, we will combine all balances prior to any refund being issued. Energy use must have been charged on actual readings for credit to be refunded. We will take these steps to ensure this is the case:
- Ensure the billing is correct to the best of our knowledge, limiting the risk of a future correction to the final balance
- Agree the closing meter readings with your new suppliers
- If you have more than one site we’ll confirm the balances of all supplies and if applicable issue a refund in your company name
- If you’d prefer to keep your site payments separate, and not combine all site balances, please contact us on the numbers below. We will require payments for any sites with a debit before any remaining credit balance will be refunded.
Contacting us about your final balance
If you would like to speak to us about payment or claiming any credit, please contact our Revenue Management department.
The team dealing with your account is linked to your account number: