To ensure the success of our proposed new nuclear projects - Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C - we are developing a robust supply chain from a wide range of international, national and local firms. That’s why we’re working closely with the Chambers of Commerce in the regions, to make sure that local businesses can easily find out and apply for supplier opportunities.
- For the Hinkley Point C project we are working with the Somerset Chamber of Commerce and Into-Somerset, the County Council’s inward investment organisation. Local is defined as businesses based in the county of Somerset, including those in North Somerset
- For the development at Sizewell C, we are working with the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce. In this case, local is defined as Suffolk and Norfolk based companies
You can find out how to register your interest below. Please note, your information may be shared with Tier 1 Contractors who are looking to develop their own supply chain for the project.
If you have any questions about our supply chain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suffolk and Norfolk businesses
The primary aims of our procurement and contracting strategy are to:
- Ensure services, equipment, materials and construction are safely provided
- Ensure that these are high-quality, on time and within the budget, taking into account the long-term operation of the plant
- Deliver best value
- Provide a transparent approach with clear roles, accountabilities and decision making
In order to deliver this ambitious project on time and on budget, our procurement partners will have to make safety and quality central to everything they do. Our key considerations in selecting supply chain participants include:
- An uncompromising commitment to nuclear, industrial and environmental safety
- A desire to achieve zero harm while delivering our sustainability and environmental aspirations
- Cost and socio-economic benefits
We've prepared a booklet called Hinkley Point C Supply Chain – be part of it, which includes a step-by-step guide to the process involved in becoming a qualified supplier.
If you are interested in becoming a supplier, you can find some valuable information on these websites:
Our Health, Safety and Environmental Standard sets out how we will seek to achieve ‘Zero Harm’ throughout the construction of Hinkley Point C, and outlines the health, safety and environmental expectations for everyone involved in the construction and commissioning of the proposed new facility and associated developments.
View and download Hinkley Point C documentation.
We're going to need a lot of talented people to help bring this important project to life.
Our investment in the Hinkley Point C project is going to create huge opportunities. Find out what they are.