A wide range of suppliers provide works, goods and services to support the operation of our nuclear business. How do we select and develop them to ensure everyone benefits fairly from our contracts? That’s the job of our Supply Chain teams.
- Working towards a Business Studies, Business Management or Economics related degree
- You’ll be on track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree or 2:2 postgraduate qualification
- You’ll have the professional outlook and commercial awareness to make the most of your time here
- Self-motivated, analytical and cool under pressure, you’ll combine technical knowledge (specifically MS Office) with great all-round people skills
- Desire to learn and develop your skills
- Willingness to relocate as required
This is a unique chance to divide your year between two of those teams – Procurement & Commercial and Operations & Governance. The experience will give you a broad look of the work done by Supply Chain in a large, complex organisation like ours. For an idea of the type of work you could do, recent students have helped organise a Supplier Diversity & Sustainability conference and supported project teams placing low-value contracts as well as spending a month located at one of our nuclear stations working alongside the station supply chain teams. You will also get the opportunity to travel to suppliers’ offices and our stations in order to support our key stakeholders and internal customers.
By the end of the year, you should know for sure whether this is the company you want to build your career in. If it is, you’ll soon have the chance to apply for a place on an EDF Energy Graduate Programme.