The EDF Energy Research and Development UK Centre is at the forefront of the investigation and deployment of brand new digital technologies. Leading hi-tech, innovative projects such as developing apps that depict future wind farms to how to display and interpret SMART meter data, it’s an exciting area to work in and one which we’re currently expanding. We’re looking for a Digital Designer to join our Digital Innovation team on an industrial placement. It’s a fantastic opportunity for someone to get involved in the digital future of EDF Energy. If you’re a digitally-focused graphic design student who wants to gain experience in one of the UK’s most exciting R&D departments, this could be your chance to secure a ‘feel better future’.
- Studying Graphic Design, or a related degree relevant to the placement
- You’ll be on track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree, or 2:2 postgraduate qualification
- Creative flair and high attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple projects and respect corporate requirements for consumer products
- Keen on progressing graphical skills and learning about digital innovations
- Innovative and able to work in a team
- Interest in energy industry desirable
- Indepth knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop software, and good skills in the rest of Adobe CS suite
- Experience working with Sketch and InVision would be an advantage
- Photography skills desirable
Taking on a real job at a junior level, you’ll have the chance to get hands on experience designing innovative new products for customers and businesses. Working with team members and company stakeholders, you’ll help to create designs and ideas that can communicate complex concepts in simple, clever ways. Websites, apps, brand guidelines – you’ll experience it all. It’s up to you what you make of it.
During this placement, you will:
Work with team members to create production ready web site and mobile application user interfaces and user experience.
Create new designs and propose ideas to better communicate and express complex concepts through new prototypes and marketing presentations.
Create designs to differentiate and enhance our communication materials, and help us to produce inspiring, motivating and engaging products stories.
Be accountable for brand consistency across the produced assets, and work with the internal Brand team to meet the company’s digital guidelines.
Provide creative and out-of-the-box thinking.
Research and create innovative new data visualisation techniques.