The EDF Energy Research and Development UK Centre is at the forefront of the investigation and deployment of brand new digital technologies. Leading hi-tech, innovative projects such as developing apps that depict future wind farms to how to display and interpret SMART meter data, it’s an exciting area to work in and one which we’re currently expanding. We’re looking for a Developer to join our Digital Innovation team on an industrial placement. It’s a fantastic opportunity for someone to get involved in the digital future of EDF Energy. If you’re a digitally-focused developer who wants to gain experience in one of the UK’s most exciting R&D departments, this could be your chance to secure a ‘feel better future’.
- Studying Computer Science, or a related degree relevant to the placement
- You’ll be on track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree, or 2:2 postgraduate qualification
- Experience in programming, mobile development and HTML5 responsive design
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases knowledge
- UNIX-like, Debian/Ubuntu systems administration
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
Taking on a real developer job at a junior level, you’ll get hands on experience developing innovative new products for customers and businesses from scratch. You’ll work on front end development, back office development, systems administration and innovation and technology monitoring – all under the eagle eyes of an enthusiastic team of experts.