Sizewell B is a nuclear power station on the Suffolk coast. It is the UK’s only Pressurised Water Reactor.
- Station Director: Paul Morton
- Reactor type: 1 Pressurised Water Reactor
- Total supply to the national grid: 1198 MW
- Start of construction: 1988
- Start of generation: 1995
- Estimated decommissioning date: 2035
- People: Approximately 520 full time EDF Energy employees plus over 250 full time contract partners
Find out which reactors at our eight nuclear power stations are in service and what they are generating.
This information is updated on weekdays.
Drop into our visitor centre or book a station tour to see for yourself how we generate electricity in a nuclear power station. Our visitor centre has an interactive exhibition where you can find out more about nuclear power generation. We also offer pre-booked tours of the power station, and it's all free of charge.
EDF Energy and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority hold regular joint meetings (Site Stakeholder Group or SSG) with local people, the media, council and emergency services representatives and local politicians to maintain regular communications about the nuclear site. This meeting is independently chaired.
The next SSG meeting will take place on Thursday 14 Feb 2019.