Making your home more energy efficient won't just make it a warmer, more comfortable place to live, it can also improve its value. Here are some of the ways you can improve your score:
- Double glazing. Upgrading your windows and doors won't just improve your home's energy performance, it can reduce noise too
- Loft insulation. It's easy to install, inexpensive and can make a huge difference to your bills. Install loft insulation that's at least 270mm thick
- Wall insulation. Whether your home has cavity or solid walls, insulating them can improve your EPC rating and you might qualify for help with the costs
- Replace your boiler. You can cut your energy bills with a new, energy-efficient boiler. For more details on how, visit our boiler replacement page
- An efficient secondary heating source. Installing a wood-burning stove instead of an open fireplace can give you greater fuel efficiency and reduced costs in the long run.
You can find out more on improving your home's energy performance (including the subsidies available to help with the costs of these improvements) by visiting our energy efficiency pages.
As well as showing your home's energy performance score, the EPC also includes a list of recommended improvements along with the estimated cost saving.