You might need to change your building’s electricity supply connection and meter if you are refurbishing a commercial property or installing new equipment that needs more power than the current connection can cope with.
There are three steps to the process:
- Cables and MPAN: If you need to change the cabling, first contact your local Distribution Network Operator. Once they have everything in place, they will give you a new Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) that we can use to register your new meter. How to find your Meter Point Administration Number
- Meter installation: With your new MPAN, we can arrange an installation date. We need at least 20 working days’ notice and the process involves a credit check. Within the London distribution area (MPAN begins 12), you’ll need to install a current transformer (CT) cabinet for any CT supply.
- Electricity supply contract: As part of the process we’ll offer you a new electricity supply contract. This might require a security deposit, depending on your credit status. If you haven’t signed a contract before we issue your first invoice, we will calculate your charges based on our deemed prices
Ready to get connected?
Important information: Please read this information before completing the new connection form.
If you have your MPAN and details of the size and type of supply, then you’re ready to fill out the new connection request form
For more information, call 0845 366 3666(1) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking ahead before you’re ‘boots on’ and at site can cut your electricity costs significantly. The earlier you get in touch with us, the more we’re able to do to cut down your electricity costs.
We can design a connection that not only suits your site, but also costs 20-30% less, on average, than your local network company’s solution.
By forecasting your site’s electricity use, we can get you a better rate, reducing your electricity bills in the long term.
Call us on 0845 300 6962(1) to find out more
If you’ve started building a commercial property and need electricity quickly, we can connect you quickly and smoothly to a temporary or permanent supply. We:
- help you through do all the form-filling and bureaucracy so your schedule isn’t impacted
- check the electricity meter is the right type for your site
- make sure everyone in the process has the right information
- tell you when people will be on-site to do their bit
- finish off the job with a competitive meter operator contract for you.
We provide this service across Britain for major construction companies such as Sir Robert McAlpine and BAM.
And, of course, we can give you a great rate on your electricity contract. Call us on 0845 300 6962(1) and get the job done.
If your project is super scale – with a large footprint, multiple buildings, mixed use and delivered in phases – we have a specialist team that can simplify the delivery of your complex connection requirements.
Look at our track record. Over the last 15 years, we’ve helped developers build shopping centres, business parks, regeneration programmes and major infrastructure projects. For example: High Speed 1, DP World’s Thames Port, Canary Wharf, and London 2012’s Olympic Park and other venues.
We’re currently working on the redevelopment projects such as Nine Elms and Battersea; and infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and High Speed 2.
If you need us to disconnect the electricity supply to your premises please complete the termination of supply form below. This helps us to:
- Review and carry out your request more swiftly
- Make sure we have all the right information from the outset
If we need more information from you, a team member will contact you directly.
Please note that disconnection is a chargeable service. It is also permanent. If the supply needs to be reconnected later, we’ll treat it as a new connection which may also be charged.
When is a disconnection typically required?
- When you need to remove redundant cables from your premises.
- When the building is going to be demolished.