What’s the Warm Home Discount?
The Warm Home Discount is a government scheme that gives extra help to people struggling with their energy bills. It’s regulated by Ofgem and if you’re eligible you’ll get a one-off annual rebate to help with your energy bill. For 2019/20 the rebate is £140 (including VAT).
You’ll qualify for the rebate automatically if on 7 July 2019 you were getting the Guaranteed Credit element of Pension Credit (with or without Savings Credit).
If this doesn’t apply to you, you might still be eligible for our Warm Home Discount – Support Plus scheme, depending on if you’re getting certain benefits. Find out more about the scheme.
Who’ll give me the rebate?
The rebate will come directly from your energy company. So if you were with a different one on 7 July 2019 it will come from them.
When will I get the rebate?
Most rebates will be paid by 28th February 2020.
- Who automatically gets the Warm Home Discount?
- I've got my letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). What do I need to do now?
- Who'll give me my Warm Home Discount if I change supplier?
- What's the Warm Home Discount - Support Plus scheme?
- How do I apply for the Warm Home Discount - Support Plus scheme?
- What's the deadline for applying for the Warm Home Discount - Support Plus scheme?