Warm Home Discount – The Scheme for 2013/14 is now open to new applications
Following a hugely successful second year in which we helped over 175,000 customers, giving out over £23 million in rebates, Warm Home Discount is now open for a third year. You can apply online for the Warm Home Discount - Support Plus rebate.
What is Warm Home Discount?
Warm Home Discount is a four-year, Government-led scheme, which was introduced in 2011. It involves the Government and electricity suppliers working together to offer additional support to people who are at risk of being fuel poor. There are a number of ways the scheme can offer support, including rebates.
There are two elements to the rebate part of the scheme. This year Warm Home Discount provides rebates of £135 to the following customers:
Warm Home Discount rebates
You may qualify for this energy discount if on the 20 July 2013 (the qualifying date) you or your partner living with you, are either
- Aged under 75 and receiving only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (no Savings Credit)
- Aged 75 or over and receiving the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
If this applies to you the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) should write to you this autumn and let you know. They will also notify us so we can pay your rebate.
Warm Home Discount - Support Plus rebates - find out more
In 2013/14 Warm Home Discount - Support Plus gives qualifying vulnerable customers a one-off electricity rebate of £135 this winter**. To qualify for this, you, or your partner living with you, must meet at least one criteria from each of these two groups:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit (including credits only)
- Severe Disability Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for yourself
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for another adult living with you
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for a child living with you
- Have a child who was under 5 on the 1st April 2013 living with you (born on or after 1 April 2008)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance which includes a work related activity or a support group component
Rebates will start to be paid from winter 2013 and will continue until the end of March 2014. However, we hope the majority of successful applications will receive payments before this date.
**Winter 2013/2014 means between October 2013 and March 2014.