Help to pay and manage your bills
I need help with...
I'd like to know about...
I live in...
I'd like to know...
I'd like to know
Who gets the Warm Home Discount in England and Wales?
Everyone who qualifies for the Warm Home Discount 2022/23 in England and Wales will get a letter from the government automatically. No one has to apply for the discount anymore.
The letter will either say you're getting the discount automatically; or it will ask you to phone a dedicated helpline to give a few more details.
Who gets the discount in Scotland?
You qualify for the Warm Home Discount 2022/23 in England and Wales if:
1) The electricity company that was supplying your energy on 21 August 2022 takes part in the Warm Home Discount scheme (EDF takes part!)
2) You were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit on 21 August 2022 – or your were on a low income and had high energy costs on 21 August 2022.
You'll get a letter between October 2022 and early Janaury 2023 if you qualify. It will either say you're getting the rebate automatically; or it will ask you to phone a dedicated helpline to give a few more details.
Low income and high energy costs – do you qualify?
Here's how the government works out if you're on a low income and have high energy costs.
You're considered to be on a low income if you, or your partner, were getting one of these benefits on 21 August 2022:
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Credits (and are under the household income threshold)
- Pension Credit Savings Credit (unless you're already in Group 1)
High energy costs
You'll be considered to have high energy costs if your estimated costs are above the government's 'high-energy cost threshold'.
The government uses information and data from the Valuation Office Agency and BEIS to estimate your energy costs. They look at things like the size, age and type of your property.
Did that solve your problem?SolvedI still need help
We're glad we could help.
Looks like you need some more help
Get in touch