Help to pay and manage your bills
I'd like to...
I'd like to...Change
I'm still an EDF customer...
I'm still an EDF customer...Change
What happens if I don't pay my bill (I don't have a smart meter)?
We never want to take legal action against our customers. But this can happen if you don't pay your bill or get in touch to find a suitable payment option.
Any debt recovery action we take could affect your credit report and future mortgage, mobile phone and credit card applications.
5 steps we take when you don't pay
The steps we take when you don't pay will depend on your circumstances. Here's what typically happens:
- Add a £10 late payment charge to your bill
- Visit you at home to collect payment (£)
- Put a default on your credit report (£)
- Apply for a warrant to force entry into your home to install a prepayment meter (£)
- Take legal action to get a County Court Judgement against you (£)
(£) = we might charge you debt recovery costs at this step
Are you struggling with debt?
Please don't struggle with debt alone. We can support you and help you find a more managable way to pay. Have a look at the help you can get from us and other independent charities and organisations.