Skip to main content

Get the support you need after bereavement, including help to pay your energy bills

Here are the details of some of the organisations and charities that can give you advice and support when a friend or family member dies.

Citizens Advice Plymouth

We've teamed up with Citizens Advice Plymouth so that you can get free, independent advice. They can help you with registering a death, funerals, wills and intestacy (that's when a person dies without leaving a valid will).

They can also give you money and debt advice, and help you get the support you need to help pay your bills.

Go to Citizens Advice Plymouth



When a loved one dies, you might qualify for extra financial help if you're on a low income. We've teamed up with IncomeMax to help you find out what help you can get.

Use the easy self-help guide to find if you can get extra benefits, housing assistance, free debt advice, and more.


The NHS has lots of advice and support for coping with bereavement and grief.

Go to NHS for bereavement advice

The government has a step-by-step guide to take you through what to do when someone dies.

Go to for the step-by-step guide

Cruse Bereavement Care

Cruse Bereavement Care is a national charity that supports bereaved people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Go to Cruse Bereavement Care

Cruse Scotland

Cruse Scotland is a charity that supports bereaved people in Scotland.

Go to Cruse Scotland