Access emergency credit for smart PAYG – through your Elster gas meter
You have £10 of emergency credit on your gas meter. It's there if you need a bit of time to top up when your balance gets low.
You can activate your emergency credit when your balance drops below £1 – but before your credit runs out.
You can activate it through your Elster gas meter:
- Press the right arrow a few times until you see 'Supplier Information'
- Press the round button in the middle to select
- The screen will show the message 'Emergency Credit Available'
- Press the round button in the middle to activate your emergency credit
- The screen will show the message 'Accepted'
Your meter will disconnect if your £10 of emergency credit runs out – unless it happens during our friendly non-disconnection times.
Why your meter won't get disconnected 'out of hours'.