Welcome to our
What you'll learn
- Understand the wholesale energy market
- Everything you need to know about non-energy costs
- How to arrange for a new electricity supply
Looking for something specific?
Use our TalkPower Energy Academy glossary to understand the technical jargon and head to the lessons that will delve deeper into these topics.
What’s the value to you?
By completing this module, you will build on your knowledge of the energy market, know your DUoS from your BSUoS and learn about the process of setting up a new electricity connection, including all the people involved and the steps to take. Bottom line? You’ll be saving time, effort, energy and costs, delivering more value to your company.
Got a question?
If you have a question about one of the topics in our TalkPower Energy Academy, or anything realted to the energy industry, ask our team of experts.
Understanding the wholesale energy market
What makes up the cost of your electricity
What factors influence your energy costs
Non-energy costs explained
- Your non-energy costs made simple
- You key non-energy costs at a glance
- The most frequently asked non-energy question
- The 15-seconds non-energy cost challenge
Arrange a new connection
- Setting up a new electricity connection
- What's a MOP and a DNO?
- Co-ordinating your new connections effectively
Ofgem's Targeted Charging Review
- What is the Targeted Charging Review
- How will the changes affect you or your customers
- Your questions answered