I don't think my meter readings are right – what can I do to check?
Has a sudden change in your bills made you think your meter isn't showing the right reading?
This could be a sign that there's a problem with your meter. But it's a good idea to rule out other, more common, causes first.
Do any these statement apply to you:
- I have more (or less) people living with me now
- My home was empty for a while
- I'm spending more (or less) time at home
- I gave a meter reading – the first in quite a while
- I have new appliances or a new heating system
- I'm using my appliances more (or less) now
- I've use the heating more – it's been particularly cold outside
Did any of these statement apply to you? If they did, the sudden change to your bill is more likely to have been caused by a change in your energy use.
Did none of these statement apply to – or do you still think your meter is giving faulty readings? Please get in touch, and we'll help sort out the problem.