How to read an electricity smart meter with two white buttons to the left or under the screen
Normally, a smart meter sends us your readings automatically. So please only give us a reading if we've asked you to do this.
If we've asked you for a reading, please take it from the meter itself – not your in-home display. Your meter is usually on a wall or board; your in-home display either plugs into a socket or runs on batteries.
It looks like you have an EDMI ES10-B (SMETS2) smart meter. Follow these steps to read this type of electricity meter:
- Hold 'OK' to go to the menu
- Hold 'OK' again to go to 'Billing'
- Push the '>' button twice to get to 'Advanced'
- Hold 'OK' until you see 'TOUmtrx'
- Hold 'OK' again until you see 'Rate1'
- Write down the numbers in front of ‘kWh’ – this is your reading
Read the numbers from left to right; ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
Need to read your smart gas meter too? Find out how to read your gas smart meter