Meters and meter readings
I'd like to know about...
I have a smart meter...
I'd like to know...
I'd like to read my...
The buttons on my electricity meter are...
Looking at my meter, the buttons are...
My meter is running as an Economy 7 meter (I pay two electricity rates)...
How to read an Economy 7 electricity smart meter with white buttons (one says 'Reconnect')
Normally, a smart meter sends us your readings automatically. So please only give us a reading if we've asked you to do this.
If we've asked you for a reading, please take it from the meter itself – not your in-home display. Your meter is usually on a wall or board; your in-home display either plugs into a socket or runs on batteries.
It looks like you have a have a EDMI MK10 meter. Follow these steps to read the two rates on your smart electricity meter:
- Press 'Display' button (sometimes this is called 'Display select') to wake up the screen
- Press 'Display' a few more times until you see numbers in front of 'KWH'
- Write down these numbers – this is your Rate 1 reading
- Press 'Display' again to see another row of numbers in front of 'KWH'
- Write down these numbers – this is your Rate 2 reading
Read the numbers from left to right; ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
Need to read your smart gas meter too? Find out how to read your gas smart meter
Did you find this page helpful?Helpful thanks!I still need help
Leave feedbackLog into MyAccountHelp Centre home
We're glad we could help.
Need more help?
Contact UsGive feedbackHelp Centre home
Get in touch