How to read an Economy 7 electricity smart meter with a green 'A' and white 'B' button
Normally, a smart meter sends us your readings automatically. So please only give us a reading if we've asked you to do this.
If we've asked you for a reading, please take it from the meter itself – not your in-home display. Your meter is usually on a wall or board; your in-home display either plugs into a socket or runs on batteries.
It looks like you have a L&G E470 smart meter. Follow these steps to read the two rates on your electricity meter:
- Press the green 'A' button to wake up the screen
- Press the green 'A' button a few more times to get to ‘Rate 01 Act Imp'
- Write down the numbers you see in front of ‘kWh’ – this is your Rate 1 reading
- Now press the green 'A' button again to get to ‘Rate 02 Act Imp'
- Write down the numbers you see along side ‘kWh’ – this is your Rate 2 reading
Read the numbers from left to right; ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
Need to read your smart gas meter too? Find out how to read your gas smart meter