Meters and meter readings
I'd like to know about...
I have a smart meter...
I'd like to know...
I'd like to read my...
My electricity meter is...
My electricity meter shows...
How do I read an electronic electricity meter with two or more rates (not smart)?
Your electronic meter might scroll through its various screens automatically. Or you might have to press a button to get you to the meter reading screen.
- Watch out for a row of numbers followed by ‘kWh’ (or press the button get to this screen)
- Write down the numbers – this is your Rate 1 reading
- Watch out for the next screen, which will also show a row of numbers followed by ‘kWh’ (or press the button get to this screen)
- Write down the numbers – this is your Rate 2 reading
- If you pay more than two rates, keep on going through the screens until you've written down all the meter readings
- The meter reading example below is 46043
Not sure which reading goes where when submitting your reading? The 'submit a meter reading' page in MyAccount and the app show your last meter readings – just match your new readings up with these.
Did you find this page helpful?Helpful thanks!I still need help
Leave feedbackLog into MyAccountHelp Centre home
We're glad we could help.
Need more help?
Contact UsGive feedbackHelp Centre home
Get in touch