How do I read an electronic electricity meter with two or more rates (not smart)?
Your electronic meter might scroll through its various screens automatically. Or you might have to press a button to get you to the meter reading screen.
- Watch out for a row of numbers followed by ‘kWh’ (or press the button get to this screen)
- Write down the numbers – this is your Rate 1 reading
- Watch out for the next screen, which will also show a row of numbers followed by ‘kWh’ (or press the button get to this screen)
- Write down the numbers – this is your Rate 2 reading
- If you pay more than two rates, keep on going through the screens until you've written down all the meter readings
- The meter reading example below is 46043
Not sure which reading goes where when submitting your reading? The 'submit a meter reading' page in MyAccount and the app show your last meter readings – just match your new readings up with these.