Change your low-balance alerts for your smart Pay As You Go meter
You'll automatically get a low-balance alert every time your balance drops to £5 (unless you've turned the alerts off, or you've set auto top-ups). You'll get your alerts by text or email.
Most meters let you change your low-balance alert. Maybe you want to get an alert every time your balance drops to £10 or £20, for instance.
Change your low-balance alert in the app:
- Tap ‘Manage electricity’ or ‘Manage Gas’ on the PAYG screen
- Select ‘Set up’ low balance alerts
- Choose the amount for your alert, or select ‘Turn on Low-balance alert’
- Tap ‘Confirm low-balance alert’
Change your low-balance alert in MyAccount:
- Go to 'My payments' and click 'Low balance alert'
- Choose to change your electricity or gas; and click your new alert level (£10, £15 or £20)
- Click 'Update' – and relax.