Budget and manage your electricity spend with your prepayment meter (not smart)
A traditional electricity prepayment meter (not smart) can help you manage your energy spend:
- Choose when you top up, and how much to spend each time – so there are no unexpected bills to worry about
- Set a limit on the amount of credit you spend at one time – so you can save the rest for later (only available with some meter types)
Does your electricity prepayment meter have a white or grey button on it? If it does, you can set a limit on the amount of credit you spend in one go.
How it works:
1. Top up your key in the usual way, and put it into your meter
2. Press the white or grey budget button, until you see the amount of credit you're happy to spend
3. Once you've used up this credit, your electricity supply will stop
To get your electricity started again, just take out your key and put it back into the meter.