Add smart PAYG credit manually with a UTRN – through your L&G gas meter
Your credit normally gets added to your smart Pay As You Go meter within about an hour of topping up.
Can't wait that long, or it's been more than an hour? You can add your credit manually by entering your Unique Transaction Record Number (UTRN) into your L&G gas meter.
How it works:
- Press any button on your gas meter to wake it up
- Press the red button ('A') twice:
- If you've more than £1 of credit on your meter, this takes you straight to the 'Accept credit entry' screen
- If you've £1 or less on your meter, you'll be asked if you'd like to access your emergency credit – if you press 'A' to decline, you'll go straight to the 'Accept credit entry' screen
- Press the black button ('B') to accept credit entry – you should now see 'Vend Code' appear on screen
- Enter the first digit of your UTRN – press 'A' to scroll through 0-9 until you get to the right number; then press 'B' to move onto the next digit.
- Press button ‘B’ when you're ready to move onto the next digit (If you've made a mistake, repeatedly press 'B' until you get to the number you want to correct.)
- Once you've entered all the numbers, press and hold button 'B' to confirm your UTRN