Smart Pay As You Go Meter
I'm having trouble with...
The problem is...
I have an in-home device...
My in-home display is a...
Access emergency credit for smart PAYG – with your Chameleon 3 in-home display
You have £10 of emergency credit on your electricity meter, and £10 on your gas meter. It's there if you need a bit of time to top up when your balance gets low.
You can activate your emergency credit when your balance drops below £1 – but before your credit runs out.
Watch our video to find out how to activate your emergency credit through your Chameleon 3 in-home display.
Or follow these steps:
- Wait until your balance drops below £1 (you'll see 'Emergency credit available' on the home screen)
- Press ‘OK’ to see 'Select Emergency Credit [OK]'
- Press 'OK'
- Press the 'electricity/gas' symbol to choose which fuel you want
- Press 'OK' to access your chosen fuel's emergency credit
- You'll now see a confirmation screen that says 'Emergency credit selected'
Older Chameleon models don't let you do this, so please act like you do not have an in home device and activate your emergency credit on the meter itself.
- Your meter will disconnect if your £10 of emergency credit runs out – unless it happens during our non-disconnection times. Why your electricity won't get disconnected 'out of hours'.
- If you start using emergency credit after running out of credit during a non-disconnection time, you won't have the full £10 of emergency credit.
- The cost of any energy you used out-of-hours will come out of your emergency credit.
Did that solve your problem?SolvedI still need help
Leave feedbackLog into MyAccountHelp Centre home
We're glad we could help.
Looks like you need some more help
Contact UsGive feedbackHelp Centre home
Get in touch