We’ve teamed up with Intana to provide a range of boiler breakdown and home emergency insurance products, offering EDF Energy employees peace of mind.
Why choose EDF Energy Protect?
24 hour Claims Helpline, every day of the year.
Same price whether you pay monthly or annually.
Boiler and heating cover available for boilers up to 11 years old at start of insurance contract.
|EDF Energy Protect range and prices for Employees||Usual Monthly cost (£50 Excess £)||Usual Monthly cost (No excess £)||Monthly Employee cost (£50 Excess £)||Monthly Employee cost (No excess £)||Usual Annual Cost (£50 Excess £)||Usual Annual Cost (No excess £)||Annual employee cost (£50 Excess £)||Annual employee cost (No excess £)||Employee Annual Saving on policy (£50 Excess £)||Employee Annual Saving on policy (No excess £)|
(inc. Annual Service
& Safety Check)
|Total Protect (Heating and Emergency Protect)||19.25||23.20||17.45||20.66||231.00||278.40||209.40||247.92||21.60||30.48|
|Boiler Protect (1)||9.95||12.49||9.95||12.49||119.40||149.88||119.40||149.88||N/A||N/A|
(Includes Wiring Protect, Plumbing Protect and other home emergencies)
Sometimes, you just want to know you can access help without an insurance policy. That’s why Intana offers two additional call-out services - available to EDF Energy employees at the standard rate.
Pay on use products
Boiler Breakdown Response - emergency breakdown response (including call out charge and up to one hour's labour)
£114 (out of hours)
Boiler Service - one off annual service
Call Intana on 01444 442882 between 9am and 5pm. Payment can be made by credit or debit card.
- There is no employee discount for EDF Energy Boiler Protect.
- Occasionally, EDF Energy may run Protect marketing campiagns, which provide a cheaper alternative to the staff discount. Please check on www.edfenergy.com/for-home/cover first.
- Insurance policies will run for one year. Customers still directly employed by EDF Energy will then be able to apply for renewal at the employee discounted rate applicable at the time. Customers who have otherwise left the direct employment of EDF Energy may apply for renewal at non-discounted rate.
- EDF Energy employees are NOT permitted to make any promotion, representation, recommendation, sale or provide advice to customers in respect of these products or services.
- Any requests, queries or complaints made by customers about EDF Energy Protect should be directed to Intana direct on 01444 442878. More information can be found on the EDF Energy Protect pages.
- EDF Energy Protect is a range of insurance products provided by Intana across the mainland of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, plus the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- EDF Energy Protect is sold and administered by Collinson Insurance Services Ltd trading as Intana. The policies are underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch.
- EDF Energy Customers Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Collinson Insurance Services Limited (t/a Intana) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number 311883. This information can be checked on the Financial Services Register.