From 1st April 2010, EDF Energy became a mandatory Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) licensee. Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) have been launched by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), to make renewable generation more financially viable and help the UK’s commitment to reduce carbon emissions.
Email our Green Energy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 404 9087(1)
Latest Ofgem updates
Generate income, not just electricity
- Generation tariff: Your energy supplier will pay you a set rate for each unit (or kWh) of electricity you generate. Once your system has been registered, the tariff levels are guaranteed for the period of the tariff (up to 20 years) and are index-linked.
- Export tariff: You will get a further amount from your FIT Licensee for energy you export back to the electricity grid. If your installation is larger than 30kWh you will have the option of having a BSC Settled Export meter installed and be paid for metered export.
- Energy bill savings: You will be making savings on your electricity bills, because generating electricity to power your appliances means you don't have to buy as much electricity from your energy supplier. The amount you save will vary depending how much of the electricity you use on site.
If your business generates electricity on a commercial scale (that's installations larger than 250KW and registered in the Renewable Obligation scheme) then EDF Energy PPAs are a great way to sell electricity you export to the grid, as well as your renewable energy certificates.
How it works
As a Feed-in Tariffs generator, you can enter into a contract with a fixed p/kWh rate for the energy you generate and in addition you will receive a p/kWh rate for the energy you export. The price we pay you is dependent on the installation's size and technology and is paid quarterly.
We pay you for every unit of electricity you generate and for energy you export. Feed-in Tariffs are for eligible generators with one of the following technologies:
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Wind Turbine
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Micro CHP
Already registered for a Feed-in Tariff?
If you're already registered for a Feed-in Tariff with us you can submit a meter reading. We'll then check all the details, validate your meter reading and make a payment in accordance with your statement of terms.
How to sign up
If you have an eligible renewable generator and wish to sign up to our FITs scheme, please click on our link below for our Online FIT application form.
Feed-in Tariffs information
A number of organisations and processes are involved in providing Feed-in Tariffs (FITs). If you have any complaints regarding any of the organisations involved, DECC has produced a guide which lists the different types of issues that may be raised by FITs Generators. Click here to view the guide.
If you are a small to medium sized business, here are 3 simple ways to get a quote for your energy:
- Get an instant business quote online with just two easy steps
- To get advice and find the best tariff for your business needs, call us on 0800 015 9097(1)
- Request a call back to discuss a competitive business quote. It will be helpful to have a recent electricity bill to hand when getting your quote.
Our small business team can quote businesses with up to 50 sites.
More than 50 locations? Go to our Large Business pages.