1. By entering into this Pretty Curious prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. From 00:01 Friday 8 December 2017 to 23:59 on Sunday 14 January 2018 (the “Duration”), we shall hold 2 (two) Prize Draws, giving entrants the chance to win a Prize.
3. Each entry will give the entrant the opportunity to win a Prize, there will be 2 (two) Prize Draws (PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION). Only 1 (one) entry per person will be counted per Prize Draw.
4. To be eligible, you must (a) be a legal resident of the United Kingdom; (b) be aged 13 (thirteen) and over; and (c) if you are aged between 13 (thirteen) and 16 (sixteen) have consent from a parent or guardian who has read and accepted these Terms and Conditions. Entries are accepted from individuals only. Entries from multiple participants or groups will not be accepted.
5. If you are aged between 13 (thirteen) and 16 (sixteen) your parent or guardian must agree to these Terms and Conditions on your behalf. References in these Terms and Conditions to “you” and “your” are references to both the entrant and their parent/guardian.
6. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Prize Draw, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entries will be void where prohibited by law.
7. Entrants to this Prize Draw are required to have an email address to participate. Email service providers have individual usage Terms and Conditions which you must accept and agree to. The minimum age for email accounts is typically 13 (thirteen) years of age. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure their child is of a sufficient age to be using email and entering our Prize Draw.
8. Children at risk: Children at risk include children and their families who are in hiding, under police protection, whose lives may be at threat, children in the care of social services, children involved in active legal proceedings, or any other children whose personal or family health, safety, privacy or welfare could be adversely affected by their participation in the Prize Draw. Any child who, or whose family, may be adversely affected by being seen or identified or referred to must not take part in the Prize Draw.
HOW TO ENTER:
9. For a chance to win in our Prize Draw complete the entry form accessible on https://www.edfenergy.com/prettycurious/star-wars-droid-competition (visable on completion of the EDF Energy Pretty Curious Social Quiz page www.edfenergy.com/prettycurious/futureme/quiz-social), or the entry forms accessible through our ads on Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. You will be required to provide the following information: first name, last name, email address and confirmation that you have read and accepted the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
i. This Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary;
ii. Invitations to enter will be displayed on the EDF Energy Pretty Curious Social Quiz page, the EDF Energy Facebook page, EDF Energy Instagram page and in adverts on Snapchat and Instagram, inviting you to enter the Prize Draw;
iii. Entrants will be directed to an entry form and are required to complete the entry form in full and submit it to be entered into the corresponding Prize Draw;
iv. All entries from participants aged 13 (thirteen) – 16 (sixteen) must be made with the consent of a parent or guardian aged over 18 (eighteen) years who consents to the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
10. You may enter more than once, however only 1 (one) entry per person will be counted for each Prize Draw (determined by the date which the entry form was submitted) and winners will only be eligible for 1 (one) Prize. Winners will be selected at random and awarded the Prize at the sole discretion of EDF Energy. Participants may enter into both Prize Draws; however, winners from the previous Prize Draw will be excluded from subsequent draws.
11. Entry forms shall be deemed to be submitted at the date and time of receipt as determined by EDF Energy.
PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION
12. Throughout the Duration, EDF Energy shall give away (97) littleBits Droid™ Inventor Kits (each a “Prize”). Each Prize is valued at £99.95. Winners will be chosen at random from two (2) Prize Draws. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) Prize for the Duration.
13. Prize Draw 1: EDF Energy is giving away 48 Prizes to 48 winners. Prize Draw 2: EDF Energy is giving away 49 Prizes to 49 winners . Winners will be chosen at random from a pool of valid entries per Prize Draw. If there are insufficient entries to be able to award all Prizes for the applicable week, the unawarded Prizes will be added to the Prizes for the subsequent draw.
14. The Prize Draws will be drawn on the following dates:
1: For the time period 00:01 8th December – 23:59 31st December 2017, the draw shall take place on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.
2: For the time period 00:01 1st January – 23:59 14th January 2018, the draw shall take place on Tuesday 16th January 2018.
15. Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at EDF Energy’s sole discretion. EDF Energy reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
16. Prizes will be sent to all winners during the course of 4 January – 4 February 2018. EDF Energy is not responsible for any delay in receiving a Prize caused by postal failure.
17. Winners will be informed within ten (10) working days of the applicable Prize Draw. Winners will be notified by email to the email address set out on the entry form ("Notification"). Winners will have seventy-two (72) hours from the time the Notification is sent to respond and provide the necessary information for Prize fulfilment.
i. a selected winner is found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions; or
ii. Notification or any Prize (as defined below) is returned as undeliverable; or
iii. the selected winner does not provide the necessary information for Prize fulfilment within 72 hours of Notification; or
iv. the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason,
he/she will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of EDF Energy.
20. EDF Energy is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Prize Draw or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. EDF Energy is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. EDF Energy is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Prize Draw including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Prize Draw, the processing of entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Prize Draw-related materials. EDF Energy reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her entry(ies) if EDF Energy considers that they have tampered with the entry process or otherwise failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND:
21. If for any reason any aspect of this Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of EDF Energy, subject to applicable laws, EDF Energy may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw, or invalidate any affected entries. In the event of such an occurrence EDF Energy may post a notice on the relevant EDF Energy communication channels.
22. EDF Energy may terminate this Prize Draw at any time by posting a notice on the relevant EDF Energy communication channels.
24. This Prize Draw and all claims and disputes (whether contractual or non-contractual) relating to it or its subject shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
25. Any provision in these Terms and Conditions which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be contested, invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
26. EDF Energy is EDF Energy Customers plc whose registered address is at 90 Whitfield Street, London, W1T 4EZ. For a list of winners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The winners list will be available upon request until 31 March 2018.