Hinkley Point C public information events
The Infrastructure Planning Commission (IPC) has accepted an application for a development consent order for a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point in Somerset and associated developments, which was submitted by EDF Energy on 31 October 2011. The IPC’s acceptance signals the start of an examination and decision-making process.
EDF Energy is holding a series of public events to provide information about the application.
Those wising to comment on the application must do so to the IPC, not EDF Energy. They will have from 2 December 2011 until the end of 23 January 2012 to register with the IPC as an ‘interested party’ to make a representation.
Full details of EDF Energy’s DCO application and how you can comment are available from the IPC’s website.
Alternatively, the IPC can be contacted via the following contact details:
Infrastructure Planning Commission, Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS2 6PN
Tel: 0303 444 5000
Responses and other representations will be made public.
EDF Energy’s public information events:
- Saturday 7 January 2012 10am - 2pm Danesfield School, Williton, Somerset, TA4 4SW
- Saturday 7 January 2012 10am - 2pm The Main Hall, Bridgwater College, Cannington, Somerset, TA5 2LS
- Monday 9 January 2012 4pm - 8pm Sedgemoor Hall, Sedgemoor Auction, Centre, North Petherton, Somerset, TA6 6DF
- Monday 9 January 2012 4pm - 8pm The Exchange, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4RR
- Tuesday 10 January 2012 4pm - 8pm Otterhampton Village Hall, Otterhampton, Somerset, TA5 2QS
- Wednesday 11 January 2012 4pm - 8pm Bridgwater Town Hall, High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3AS
- Wednesday 11 January 2012 4pm - 8pm Victory Hall, Stogursey, Somerset, TA5 1PR
Copies of Application Documents
A copy of the application form, draft DCO, Environmental Statement, accompanying plans, maps and other supporting documents may be inspected free of charge at the following locations and during the hours set out below from 2 December 2011 until 23 January 2012.
- EDF Energy Bridgwater office, 14 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3DG during normal office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding public holidays);
- West Somerset Council, West Somerset House, Killick Way, Williton, Somerset TA4 4QA (open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm);
- Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3AR (open Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm); and
- Taunton Library, Paul Street, Taunton, Somerset TA1 3XZ (open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am to 5.30pm; Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 7pm; Saturday 9.30am to 4pm).
A copying charge may be made by these outlets for the reproduction of any of the documents.
Electronic copies of the full suite of application documents can be obtained from EDF Energy on request free of charge. Details are available at https://www.edfenergy.com/energy/nuclear-new-build-projects/hinkley-point-c