I think you’ll owe me money when I move out. How do I get a refund?

Make sure you send us meter readings from the day you move out (you might want to take a photo of the meters on your phone as a record, as long as it’s safe to do that), and let us have them as soon as you can after this.

Submit meter read by logging into MyAccount
Submit your meter reading with your account number
Or you can call our automated phone line on 0333 200 5108.(1)

What happens next

If you owe us any money, we’ll send you a final bill, and then close your account. And if we owe you money, depending on how you pay we’ll:

  • Refund your bank account if you pay by Direct Debit
  • Send you a cheque for the refund if you pay by cash, cheque or card. Make sure you give us your new address so we can do that.

Need some help?

There’s more information on our website, including a moving house checklist which you might find useful.

(1) Calls to UK wide numbers are included in any inclusive call plan you may have. If you don’t have an inclusive call plan, calls are charged at a national rate. Please check with your service provider if you’re unsure.

Did you find this page useful?