- By insulating your loft, you can reduce the amount of heat lost and save money on your heating bills
- Loft insulation is quick to install and requires only minimal disruption
- No maintenance once installed
Installing loft insulation is like unrolling a rug. A mineral fibre material is laid between the joists and then over the joists in your loft or roof space. This thick material captures heat normally lost through the roof and stops draughts getting in.
If you already have loft insulation, you could still benefit from a top-up. If your insulation is 100mm or less, you can increase it to the recommended level of 270mm.
- If it hasn't been installed already
- You have access to your loft space
- Your current insulation is 100mm or less