- If your home was built from 1920 onwards, it's likely to have cavity walls
- By insulating this gap, you can reduce the amount of heat lost and save money off your heating bills
- Cavity wall insulation is quick to install and requires only minimal disruption
To test suitability and to install the insulation, small holes are drilled in your outside walls. If suitable for your property, the cavity between your inner and outer walls is filled with insulating material. The holes in the brickwork are then filled in again.
The installation process only takes a few hours and should come with a Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA) guarantee.
- If it hasn't already been installed
- The walls are in good condition
- Your home is less than three storeys high
- The cavity is at least 50mm wide
- No issues with rain or high water penetration