Warm Home Discount - Terms and Conditions
- The Warm Home Discount - Support Plus scheme is open to households if:
i. You take your domestic electricity supply from us and continue to do so until your rebate is received. Under this scheme we expect to make rebate payments until the end of March 2016; and
ii. You, as the EDF Energy electricity account holder or your partner living with you meet the Qualification Criteria (as defined in Condition 2)
- If you’re an individual in an eligible household you may make an application to receive a rebate (as defined in clause 3 below) under the scheme if you, or your partner living with you, are an EDF Energy electricity account holder, and currently receive at least one of the seven benefit combinations, listed on our Warm Home Discount area.
- The scheme involves us providing a £140 rebate on the energy bill of eligible households (“rebate”). Rebates will be made by way of a credit to the electricity account, prepaid cards or top-up vouchers for prepayment meters, or by cheque, (to be determined at our discretion).
- Only one application may be made per eligible household.
- You will only receive the rebate if your eligible household takes its domestic electricity supply from us and continues to do so until the rebate is paid.
- We reserve the right to close the application process on the earlier of:
i. the provision of a rebate to the first 70,000 eligible households whose applications we receive during the current scheme year, that being, 1 June 2015 to 31 March 2016) (“scheme year”); and
ii. 31 January 2016, or such earlier time as we may determine is appropriate.
- We reserve the right to modify any of these terms and conditions at any time during the course of the scheme year.
- You agree to provide us with documentary evidence from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to show that you fit the eligibility criteria. Any such documentary evidence must be dated no earlier than 01 April 2015.
- You acknowledge and agree that in order for us to check your eligibility for the scheme that:
i. We, and / or an organisation working on our behalf, may ask DWP or another organisation, for the information required to check or confirm your eligibility; and / or
ii. DWP, or other organisations, may share this information with us and / or an organisation working on our behalf.
- In order for us to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria or are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefit combinations you acknowledge and agree to: (i) provide us, and an organisation working on our behalf, permission to send your documentary evidence or information to DWP, or other organisations, and (ii) grant DWP, or other organisations, permission to disclose your information to us, and an organisation working on our behalf. You also agree that an organisation working on our behalf may contact you to provide your documentary evidence and information for verification purposes, and you agree to us sharing your information with any such organisation, and to us and such organisation processing your data for the purposes of the scheme, including, without limitation verification.
- You acknowledge that we may use the information which you have provided to us in order to process your application and provide you with rebates and other relevant assistance which you may be eligible for.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may store your information until the 31 December 2016 as required by our regulator Ofgem.
- In these terms and conditions “we/us/our/EDF Energy” means EDF Energy Customers plc (company registered no. 2228297) and “you/your” means the person making an application for this scheme.
- By submitting an application you agree to these terms and conditions.