- Find out where your gas and electricity meters are and give us an opening meter read once we start supplying your energy. This is so we can start billing you accurately from day one
- Find out where the main stopcock is (to shut off the water)
- Make sure you have working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms fitted, and make sure you have a fire blanket in the kitchen
- Your new water company
- Your local council
- A local doctor and dentist
- A local vet if you have pets
- And of course, you need to register to vote at your new address
Do you trust the boiler in your new home? Do you know when it was last serviced? Get peace of mind by choosing Heating Protect cover from EDF Energy. Here's what you get:
- Initial inspection of your boiler
- Annual boiler service and safety check
- Expert support 24/7
- Unlimited number of claims with no excess
- For boilers up to 11 years old.
Relax knowing your heating system and boiler are covered if the unexpected happens.(1)
- All your friends and family
- Your employer
- The DVLA
- Your bank or building society
- Your insurance providers
- Your TV and broadband providers
It's a good idea to redirect your mail for a few months in case there's anyone you've forgotten
Take control. Smart meters put the power back in your hands by helping you to understand your energy better and become more efficient in the way you use it.
This exciting new technology helps you keep track of your energy by seeing how much you’re using in pounds and pence. You’ll receive accurate bills, so you’ll only pay for the gas and electricity you’ve used. If we're installing in your area you can book an upgrade online.
While you're on a roll getting things sorted, why not check out our great value long-term energy tariffs? As they’re fixed, you’ll be protected from price rises for the length of the deal, which means you can forget about your energy and focus on getting settled in your new home.