Will my bills go down if I have a smart meter?
- Getting a smart meter doesn't necessarily mean your bills will go down. But it can help you to manage your energy – and reduce your bills – in several ways:
- - A smart meter display shows you how much energy you're using, as you're using it.
- - You'll see how much it's costing you in pounds and pence, so you can be more in control of what you spend.
- You can also keep track of your energy use at My energy graphs in MyAccount. Being able to spot periods of high energy use gives you the chance to reduce your consumption.
- A smart meter sends automatic meter readings, so you should only ever pay for the energy you use; estimated bills are rare when you have a smart meter.